Company: OneHealth Primary Care
Posted on: August 4, 2022
The Case Manager is an RN or LPN that is responsible for providing
case management for medically and/or socially complex patients. The
goal of the Case Manager is to assist our most vulnerable patients
in achieving optimal health and knowledge to manage their medical
conditions and assist with multiple other barriers that can affect
their health care outcomes. The Case Manager will be responsible
for developing care plans with the patient and/or caregiver and
will achieve this with strong guidance and encouraging increased
patient engagement. The role will require the Case Manager to work
hand in hand with the health care team to include the physicians,
mid level providers, nurses, and ancillary staff to create a
successful outcome for the patient by creating and fostering
strong, trusting relationships with all parties involved. This role
will be located in our Clearwater office. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess the physical, functional, social, psychological,
environmental, learning and financial needs of the patients.
- Identify problems, goals and interventions specific to each
individual patients needs based on the patients or caregivers
- Demonstrate knowledge of cultural diversity, religious,
developmental, health literacy and educational backgrounds of the
population served so that appropriate interventions are provided.
- Assess caregiver resources and involvement as well as utilize
available community resources and benefits.
- Ability to develop, implement, and monitor the care plan to
ensure effectiveness of the Case Management program.
- Work collaboratively with the UM department for alternative
treatment options for selecting and locating appropriate providers
and assist with working through the referral process.
- Provide education and act as a patient advocate to provide
guidance, education, and support related to the patient and health
care providers care plan goals.
- Ability to problem solve regarding operational and clinical
procedures that could affect a patients outcomes.
- Participate in prospective, concurrent, and retrospective case
reviews involving high risk or targeted patients.
- Ability to communicate with hospitals for clinical updates and
discharge planning to ensure the best possible outcomes and
- Maintain knowledge of operational procedures and case
management program components.
- Ability and knowledge of chronic disease management, health
screening and preventative health initiatives for targeted
- Assist with the collection, analysis, and benchmarking of data.
- Collaborate in the development of protocols and guidelines for
patient care management.
- Promote the program to internal and external care providers.
- Other tasks as assigned. REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Knowledge and skill in chronic disease management.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong clinical assessment skills/triage skills
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Professional demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to learn and utilize EMR.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work with the geriatric population and younger
- Must be able to build strong relationships with good listening
- Strong understanding of Managed Care EDUCATION:
Associates Degree in Nursing or Certificate in Practical Nursing
Two years minimum experience in Case Management or Disease
Management. LICENSES & CERTIFICATION:
Maintain a Florida state RN or LPN license. Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: OneHealth Primary Care, Clearwater , Case Manager, Executive , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!