Employee Relations Manager
Posted on: June 21, 2022
KnowBe4, Inc. is the provider of the world's largest security
awareness training and simulated phishing platform. KnowBe4 enables
organizations to manage the ongoing problem of social engineering
by helping them train employees to make smarter security decisions,
every day. Tens of thousands of organizations worldwide use
KnowBe4's platform to mobilize their end users as a last line of
defense and enable them to make better security decisions, every
day.We have ranked a best place to work for women, millennials, and
in technology nationwide by Fortune Magazine as well as #1 or #2 in
The Tampa Bay Top Workplaces Survey for the last six
years.Clearwater positions open to candidates located in greater
Tampa Bay area.The Employee Relations Manager is responsible for
managing and mentoring a team of Employee Relations Specialists.
This position is charged with overseeing the handling of all HR
issues, investigations, staff concerns, safety cases, and other
employee relations matters for KnowBe4. The ideal candidate is
responsible for the implementation and administration of the
Company's employee relations policies, programs and procedures, and
will provide guidance to managers on policy adherence, regulations
and our internal corrective action process. In addition, this role
will handle auditing and adherence with all state and federal
employment regulations to mitigate risk associated with employee
- Hire, promote, discipline, and fire subordinate employees, or
the employee's suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring,
promoting, disciplining, and firing subordinate employees is given
- Provide genuine input as to the hiring, firing, discipline, and
promotion of subordinates to which the Company gives significant
- Manage, mentor and coach subordinates in carrying out their
responsibilities as it relates to employee relations matters.
- Recognize patterns and anticipate employee-related issues;
develop, recommend, and initiate appropriate steps for resolution
in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Assist with the implementation and administration of the
Company's employee relations policies, programs and procedures
- Assist employees and managers with questions regarding company
policies and practices.
- Recognize sensitivity, complexity and urgency of employee
relations issues and take appropriate action, including providing
sound guidance on a resolution and protecting sensitive information
to the extent possible.
- Advise and train managers and supervisors in best employee
relations practices and strategies for managing supervisor problems
and employee grievances.
- Interpret employment related policies to ensure consistent and
fair application for improved employee morale.
- Conduct prompt, thorough, neutral, accurate and defensible
workplace investigations into allegations of misconduct, including
but not limited to: harassment, (including sexual harassment),
discrimination, retaliation, insubordination, workplace violence,
substance abuse, safety and security violations, and violations of
company policy or procedure.
- Document all employee relations matters as appropriate for the
situation in accordance with legal compliance and organizational
policies and procedures within the HRIS system.
- Provide recommendations on topics of employee related training
with managers and supervisors;
- Assist People Operations with hosting manager trainings as
- Analyze employee relations or incident reports to determine
potential trends or issues and discuss action plans to prevent
continuous or further issues.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on employment laws and
appropriately applies information to employee relation
- Creates legally sound solutions to complex cases and maximizes
opportunities for success of employees and the business. Minimum
- Bachelor's degree in Employee Relations, Human Resources or a
related field required, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of Employee Relations experience required, including
conducting investigations from start to finish
- 1+ years of proven work experience in a supervisory role
- Experience with Gmail and Google Docs
- Experience with MS Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience with web browsers (Chrome, Internet Explorer,
- SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of state and federal laws concerning
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate
sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances,
- Thorough understanding of EEOC, ADA, etc.
- Thorough understanding of dispute resolution and excellent
- Ability to remain tactful, calm, and persuasive in
controversial and/or confrontational situations.Note: An applicant
assessment and background check may be part of your hiring
procedure.Individuals seeking employment at KnowBe4 are considered
without prejudice to race, color, religion, national origin, age,
sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other
characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local
law. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this
application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing,
or otherwise participating in the employee selection process,
please visit www.knowbe4.com/careers/request-accommodation.No
recruitment agencies, please.
Keywords: KnowBe4, Clearwater , Employee Relations Manager, Executive , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!