Vendor Business Manager II - Power Category
Company: Tech Data Corporation
Posted on: January 9, 2021
- Focuses on building and maintaining business relationships of
assigned Tech Data vendors to achieve the best financial
- Responsible for selling Tech Data directly to vendor, and acts
as subject matter expert for vendor's technologies and
- Communicates vendor strategies, manages rebate programs,
develops programs to support business unit direction, and
collaborates with Marketing to drive demand.Essential Duties &
- Directs and manages the vendor business plan and implementation
process throughout the organization leveraging vendor strengths and
resources on behalf of the vendor.
- Communicates vendor strategies and benefits to the Tech Data
- Responsible for incremental funding proposals at the vendor
- Aligns goals and objectives of vendor with Tech Data to ensure
mutual, positive results.
- Develops, monitors and recommends plans for the vendor, Tech
Data business relationship on a tactical and strategic level.
- Conducts quarterly vendor business reviews.
- Identifies and drives new vendor opportunities with particular
emphasis on the development of new services that blend unique
vendor resource/capability along with a Tech Data
service/capability to create a unique value proposition.
- Drives cross functional communication with Tech Data's product
groups in price negotiations and market knowledge.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for assigned vendor's
technology and programs.
- Responsible for the management of activities and programs that
will drive the vendor's pro- forma performance in an effort to
achieve Tech Data's financial goals.
- Performs analysis and reports of various program impact for the
- Manages forecasting pipeline requirements and rebate
projections.QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.Qualifications, Required
Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working ConditionsEDUCATION and/or
- Three (3) to five (5) years' experience related
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which
comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained.JOB LEVEL
- Extensive knowledge and application of principles, theories and
- Complete knowledge of all job functions and the broad industry
best practices, techniques and standards.
- Develops solutions to complex problems where analysis of
situations or data requires in-depth evaluation of variables.
- Determines best method to achieve results and may make
suggestions to improve policies and procedures.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction using
independent judgment and discretion. Exercises considerable
latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments.
Work may be reviewed at a high level.
- Represents organization as a prime contact on projects or
contracts. Interacts frequently with senior professionals and
management and often has to coordinate the work between departments
- Actions impact the organization. Failure to accomplish work or
erroneous decisions will result in the inability to reach crucial
organizational goals and may have a prolonged effect, as well as,
result in the expenditure of substantial resources.Join our team to
connect the world with the power of technology!Tech Data is an
equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train,
compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed,
color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other
basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Tech Data Corporation, Clearwater , Vendor Business Manager II - Power Category, Executive , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!