Senior Engineering Technician
Company: Geosyntec Consultants
Posted on: August 8, 2019
Geosyntec is seeking a Senior Engineering Technician to join our
operations in Tampa or Clearwater, Florida. You will provide a wide
range of site assessment, remediation implementation/operations &
maintenance, and construction oversight services for environmental
projects throughout Florida to support geologists, engineers, and
scientists. Our client base is diverse and is comprised of private,
state and federal clients and market sectors involved in hazardous
waste, solid waste, oil and gas, power, water and natural
resources. The role may coordinate project tasks of subordinate
technicians and requires the ability and willingness to work
outdoors, perform extensive fieldwork and travel, and an interest
in building a career in the environmental consulting field.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Is this the right position to help you achieve your professional
goals? Some of the key responsibilities for the Senior Engineering
Technician position include:
* Environmental data collection for groundwater, soil, and soil
vapor sampling programs;
* Project support for small to large environmental construction and
* Monitor activities on job sites to ensure compliance with
relevant contract documents (e.g. technical specifications,
construction drawings, sampling plans, construction quality
assurance plans [CQA] etc.);
* Provide CQA monitoring on several types of construction and/or
environmental activities on enviro-civil construction sites;
* Prepare daily and weekly field reports, construction schedules &
* Ensure project documentation is correct and consistent with
company policy & procedures;
* Interact with project personnel (contractors, project managers,
engineers & clients) and assist in cultivating an integrated team
approach through open lines of communications and participation in
work progress meetings;
* Assist in the preparation of the final reports, work plans,
health and safety documents, and the assembly of report appendices;
* Observe and abide by the policies and procedures outlined in the
site-specific project health and safety plans and the company's
Environmental Health and Safety Management policies and
You should expect to work closely with experienced professionals
who will guide and integrate you into Geosyntec's culture, as you
kick start your career. Here are some other things you should know
about a typical Senior Engineering Technician position with
* Training: This position requires OSHA health and safety, first
aid, and CPR training and medical monitoring, paid for by the firm.
We also offer professional and technical development opportunities
including in-house seminars, webinars, and mentoring, that allow
our staff to build the technical and business skills necessary to
become successful consultants
* Fieldwork: 75 to 100%
* Overnight travel: 75 to 100%
Your success is our success. We encourage our technicians and
professionals to continually develop their interests and skills.
Advancement is based on an individual's own performance and
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a
minimum of 3 years of directly applicable environmental technician
or CQA experience; or
* Associate's degree or equivalent from a two-year college and a
minimum of 2 years of applicable experience as above; or
* Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, including
survey and topographical drawings.
* Ability to be trained on the operation of industry typical
monitoring, sampling (soil, groundwater, soil gas, air, sediment,
surface water), and data collection equipment, including but not
limited laptop and handheld computers, Troxler moisture /density
gauges, scales, and other equipment.
* Ability to ensure field activities comply with construction plans
and specifications and the ability to monitor several different
types of activities simultaneously.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, be
self-motivated and possess a strong work ethic.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word software
* Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 49 pounds unaided and
50-100 pounds with assistance and/or proper engineering
* Ability to speak and hear, stand, walk, reach with hands and
arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
* A valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer; visa
sponsorship is not available.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE SUCCESSFUL AT GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec strives to hire and retain the best and brightest people
in their fields. We look for exceptional interpersonal skills,
communication skills, and problem-solving abilities, plus the
passion for technical excellence and quality. We seek individuals
with leadership potential, a commitment to lifelong learning and
growth, and the desire to build a long and rewarding career with a
WHY CHOOSE GEOSYNTEC?
Geosyntec is a great place to build a career. If you're looking for
an exciting place to work, a place with challenging and rewarding
projects, and a place that has been nationally recognized for its
employees' quality of life, technical expertise, and business
success, then Geosyntec may be the place for you. You can learn
more about careers and employment at Geosyntec by visiting
We are proud to offer our employees a highly competitive benefits
package. Learn more by visiting
REQ NO: SENIO02035
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor s legal duty to furnish information..
Keywords: Geosyntec Consultants, Clearwater , Senior Engineering Technician, Engineering , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!