Posted on: November 5, 2018
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Design technical architecture for cloud solutions that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Serve as a technical SME for cloud services, providers, and platforms.
- Ensure solution availability, performance, and stability at scale.
- Perform a wide variety of technical and administrative duties in overall systems design, development, and delivery.
- Work in conjunction with IT, engineering, and business groups to understand functionality, scalability, performance, security, and integration requirements.
- Develop and maintain in-depth understanding of the platform, applications, systems, and database architecture.
- Manage the establishment and configuration of PaaS/SaaS infrastructure in an agile way by storing infrastructure as code and employing automated configuration management tools with a goal to be able to re-provision environments at any point in time.
- Develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
- Be accountable for proper backup and disaster recovery procedures.
- Assist client support personnel in the remediation of production issues.
- Support client efforts to integrate to the platform by providing technical subject matter expertise.
- Develop, improve, and thoroughly document operational practices and procedures.
- Drive operational cost reductions through service optimizations and demand-based auto scaling.
- REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience (2+ years) building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs
- AWS certified solutions architect certification a plus
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking and security best practices
- Experience analyzing and resolving performance, scalability and reliability issues
- Experience in video streaming, delivery products and troubleshooting codec, streaming issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Deep understanding of Security (Security Group, NACL)
- Understanding of Network & Switches, VPN, Direct Connect, Routing, Firewall
- Deep understanding of Infrastructure components like VMs, AD/DNS, ADFS
- Knowledge of Hybrid Cloud environment and strong scripting skills
- Experience of DevOps with AWS CLI & Lambda and good to have knowledge of tools like Jenkins, ANT & Maven
- Experience in monitoring and setting up alerting for Cloud components
- Strong analytical skills to solve problems
- Experience in healthcare and managing PHI preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT This job operates in a professional office environment or remote home location. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK This is a full-time, exempt position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday based off a minimum forty (40) hour work week. TRAVEL Travel is minimal if any. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS Reports to the Director of DevOps. AAP/EEO STATEMENT Synzi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Synzi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Keywords: Synzi, Clearwater , DevOps Engineer, Engineering , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!