Lead Diesel Mechanic
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 22, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971.
With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest
trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and
leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural
Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states,
the District of Columbia, and Canada.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on
engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment
that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical,
diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies?
Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to
use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide
opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide
superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some
locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our
technicians safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices
of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training,
growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards check us out, we may
be the company for you.
I. Job Summary
Performs preventive maintenance inspection (PMI); troubleshoots,
repairs, and rebuilds major components on vehicles and equipment.
Ensures accurate diagnosis and effective repair and/or replacement
of components. Participant must be able to commit to a prolonged
stay in any part of our service area. Ability and willingness to
travel are required.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with
Corporate/OSHA Standards, and performs all work in accordance with
established safety procedures.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and ensures the
timely and effective repair of any problems identified during an
- Performs proficient inspection, diagnosis and moderately
complex repair of assigned vehicles and equipment.
- Provides assistance, guidance and direction to other
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret
failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on repairs and requisitions
- Advises supervisor immediately if additional work is needed or
if repairs cannot be completed within the Standard Repair Times
- Inspects the quality of outside/supplier repairs and or
rebuilds. Assesses structural damage and assigns needed repairs
utilizing the most appropriate method(s).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles. Performs maintenance
related work as required.
- In the absence of supervision may provide maintenance
supervisory duties. III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- This job has no supervisory duties. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: None required.
- Experience: Four (4) years of previous experience. B.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Valid drivers license and must have a clean driving
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with
or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures
utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment,
skill in repair of special purpose equipment, ability to
effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks, ability to
diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles,
ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program, and
knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance Program may be required. V.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: repair/maintenance shop.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on Company Pension, and more! Our employees
also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please
note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Clearwater , Lead Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!