Mechanical Engineer Team Leader - (Pneumatic Scale Angelus - Clearwater, FL)
Company: Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Mechanical Engineer Team Leader - (Pneumatic Scale Angelus -
Clearwater, FL) Clearwater, FL About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging
Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market
position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can
seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the
pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and
household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered
product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers;
Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech
seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges;
onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and
storage solutions.Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier
of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the
packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries.
By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational
strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a
$3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a
common belief: to use the power of business to build a better
- This position is for a highly motivated Mechanical Engineering
Team Leader is focused on mentoring and directing members of the
Mechanical Engineering Team. This is a Team Leader position that
will require project execution and be responsible for all aspects
of mechanical design, Soildworks 3D design, and machine building
workflow for machines that are delivered to customers around the
world. Machines are built to location that the machine will be put
in service with the required regulatory compliance built in the
design. The position requires the understanding of customer
specifications and the ability to develop detailed material and
labor hours for quotation purposes.Job Responsibilities
- Mechanical design & drawing proficiency with materials
experience with stainless steel, aluminum / titanium alloys, Eng.
Plastics. Function Machining methods including precision lathe, CNC
routing, milling, finishing, EDM and fusion bonding for our
Centrifuge machinery at our factory in Clearwater and at various
customer sites all over the world. Mechanical Leader for our three
product lines CARR Centritech Separation Systems, Mateer Fillers
and Burt Labeling machinery where necessary at our factory in
Clearwater and at various customer sites all over the world with
standardized FAT and SAT methods.
- Develop team standards per guidelines indicated below.
- Must be able to grow and develop team members.
- Manage project scheduling as well as labor and material cost
for all projects.
- Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, Customers, Sales,
and Project Management utilizing good communication skills.
- Ability to layout, draft, design, and support P&ID's using
- Understanding of mechanical principals and ability to analyze
and solve customer issues on demand.
- Design and maintain mechanical design to standards and good
practices within the Pharmaceutical and Engineering Team.
- Equipment design in compliance with pharmaceutical standard
ASME-BPE and cGMP: Including P&ID's, Solidworks 3D design, CIP
and SIP design, functional descriptions.--
- Equipment sizing and selection: pumps, valves, filters, pipes,
hoses, to ensure cleanability and sterile environment.--
- Ability to optimize CIP cycles and temperature regulation for
sterility. Parameters setting for automated sequences of
- Ability to generate fixture and bracket designs from R&D to
production using Machine Design, Fluid Dynamics, Heat Transfer,
Vibrations, Thermodynamics theory Industrial sanitary connection
CIP, SIP plumbing systems and ASME, BPE pressure vessels.
- Knowledge of NFPA and ATEX standards for hazardous location
- 8 to 10 years related experience with an OEM Manufacturer or
equivalent in Machine Design
- 8 to 10 years of experience in drawing GD&T per ANSI
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Solidworks 3D (DRW B.O.M.s,
1-2000 part ASMs & PRT configs)
- 8 to 10 years of experience with FEA software
- 8 to 10 years of experience Fluid control Pneumatic
- 8 to 10 years of experience with Microsoft Office Products: MS
Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Excellent communication skills
- U.S. Passport & ability to travel worldwide approximately 10%
- English language skills required.
- Must work well in a team environment
- Problem solving skills
- Pharmaceutical or Biopharma Validation
ExperienceEducationBachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering
from an accredited UniversityBarry-Wehmiller is an equal
opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses
E-Verify.Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening
which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment
verifications, background screening and/or skills
assessments.Company:PSA US - Clearwater Posted 20 Days Ago Full
time R004749 About Us Throughout Barry-Wehmiller, we hold ourselves
to a unique measure of success: by the way we touch the lives of
people. It's that vision that drives us in creating world-class
experiences and solutions for our customers and unites us around
our common goal-to use the power of our business to build a better
Keywords: Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc., Clearwater , Mechanical Engineer Team Leader - (Pneumatic Scale Angelus - Clearwater, FL), Engineering , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!