Engineering Specialist 2 - Utility Coordinator
Company: Florida West Coast Chapter of the Institute of Int
Posted on: April 4, 2021
Pinellas County Government offers an excellent benefits package.
Find out What We Offer Engineering Specialist 2 - Utility
Coordinator ID 3843 Pay Range Hiring Range: $56,180.80 - $73,028.80
Close Date: 4/2/21 Location: 14 South Fort Harrison Avenue,
Clearwater, FL 33756 Pinellas County Government is seeking a highly
motivated and experienced individual to work as a Utility
Coordinator supporting Capital Improvement Projects working in the
Capital Improvements Division in Public Works. The Utility
Coordinator performs highly responsible technical work in the
coordination of utilities for Capital Improvement Projects (CIP).
Work includes but is not limited to, review of plans and scopes of
engineering services; review and acceptance of utility work
schedules; review of plans and technical specifications for joint
project agreements. An employee in this class provides technical
utility support to all department offices from project development
through construction, as required. This individual acts in an
advisory capacity in the coordination of utility adjustments,
provides interpretation and direction in application of utility
coordination policies and procedures and are expected to exercise
considerable independent judgment in resolving problems. Position
Specific Requirements Experience - highly responsible experience in
utility coordination, engineering project management or work within
the utility industry. engineering, transportation. Education -
degree in civil engineering, project management or related
- At least 8 years of experience as described above; or
- An associate degree as described above and at least 6 years of
experience as described above; or
- A bachelor's as described above, and at least 4 years of
experience as described above; or
- A master's or higher-level degree and at least 2 years of
experience as described above. Additional Requirements
- Possession and maintenance of a valid State of Florida Driver's
License upon hire with eligibility based upon evaluation of a Motor
Vehicle Record (MVR) driving report.
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including
compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster
situations. Highly Desirable
- Knowledgeable, yet willing to learn
- Ability to build and maintain good trusting relationships.
- Ability to multitask, be organized and have good time
- Confident and persistent
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat
- Familiar with CAD systems - Autodesk Civil3D, Design View, True
View Illustrative Tasks
- Participate in project production teams for Capital Improvement
- Complete QA/QC reviews of engineering scopes of services,
project plans and specifications.
- Assist in recommendations for resolution of potential utility
conflicts with proposed Pinellas County project improvements.
- Act as liaison between Pinellas County and other governmental
agencies as well as privately owned utility agencies/owners.
- Review of joint project agreement documents including but not
limited to agreements, plans and technical specifications.
- Provide review and acceptance of utility work schedules for 3rd
party utility agencies/owners.
- Coordinate utility relocations and/or adjustments in advance or
prior to construction of Pinellas County PW projects.
- Perform related work as assigned or required. Knowledge, Skills
- Knowledge of technical practices of civil engineering and
investigation, design and construction of public works and
utilities facilities, survey data collection, utility excavation
and construction calculations and layout.
- Knowledge of water/wastewater, electric, cable, telephone
and/or natural gas facility design and construction
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Outlook,
Word, and Excel.
- Familiarity with Pinellas County and or FDOT utility
coordination process and forms including but not limited to:
- The ability to read roadway construction plans and related
- Read and interpret utility marked plans (RGB's)
- Review utility work schedules to ensure compatibility and
constructability with proposed roadway, sidewalk, drainage and/or
- Knowledge of easements/subordinations and reimbursable
- Develop and review joint project agreements between Pinellas
County and other governmental agencies and utility companies.
- Strong working knowledge of utility and right-of-way permitting
- Knowledge of subsurface utility engineering practices and the
ability to develop conflict matrix.
- Knowledge of Pinellas County Land Development Code.
- Understanding of FDOT Utility Accommodations Manual (UAM)
- Knowledge and understanding of Florida State Statutes related
to utility relocations.
- Ability to make engineering related mathematical
- Ability to maintain functional working relationships with
utility owners, contractors, and consultants; exercise judgment and
facilitate appropriate solutions to issues and/or conflicts that
- Ability to organize, coordinate and manage multiple projects
simultaneously. #LI-JC1 Below is a preview of the supplemental
questions you will have to answer during the application process.
What is your minimum starting salary requirement? Of the following,
which statement matches your education and work experience?
Experience - highly responsible experience in utility coordination,
engineering project management or work within the utility industry.
engineering, transportation. Education - degree in civil
engineering, project management or related field. 1 = I possess at
least 8 years of experience as described above. 2 = I possess an
associate degree as described above and at least 6 years of
experience as described above. 3 = I possess a bachelor's degree as
described above and at least 4 years of experience as described
above. 4 = I possess a master's degree as described above and at
least 2 years of experience as described above. 5 = None of the
above. This role requires possession and maintenance of a State of
Florida driver's license upon hire. Are you willing and able to
fulfill this requirement?
Yes The selected candidate will be required to work a variety of
work schedules including compulsory work periods in special,
emergency, and/or disaster situations. Are you willing and able to
fulfill this requirement?
Yes Describe your professional work experience in utility
coordination and/or utility conflict resolution. If you do not have
this type of experience, type N/A. Describe your experience and
skills in reading and comprehending roadway, drainage and/or
utility construction plans. If you do not have this type of
experience, type N/A. Describe your experience and skills in
reading and comprehending official records documents (easements,
local ordinances, state statutes, subordinations). If you do not
have this type of experience, type N/A. For technical questions or
issues, contact Pinellas County Business Technology Services at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (727) 453-4357. EOE/AA/ADA/DFW/VP
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family
members of the servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and
priority in employment by the state and are encouraged to apply for
the positions being filled.
Keywords: Florida West Coast Chapter of the Institute of Int, Clearwater , Engineering Specialist 2 - Utility Coordinator, Engineering , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!