Chief Cloud Engineer - Senior
Posted on: December 3, 2019
Business Group HighlightsHealthThe Health group provides solutions
to help government healthcare agencies lower administrative costs,
reduce fraud and abuse, and improve the quality of services for
individuals. We also provide analytics that combine clinical
knowledge with big data technology and techniques to transform
petabytes of data into meaningful solutions for our
- Create cloud based and traditional infrastructure solutions as
well as custom applications through automated scripts.
- Create, maintain and implement configuration management
- Automate and run Build and Deploy processes.
- Troubleshoot and fix configuration issues in accordance with
published SLA expectations and Document/communicate the resolution
notes to other team members.
- This position will also coordinate with a broad range of
internal stakeholders, including; development teams, architects,
and QA Teams to validate configuration with industry standard best
practices before they are placed into production.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet
technologies and software products; participating in educational
opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining
personal networks; participating in professional
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for,
and delivering new and different requests; exploring opportunities
to add value to job accomplishments.Qualifications
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA
or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Solid experience with Cloud and virtualization based
- Experience with automation tools such as Jenkins and Chef as
well as general scripting.
- Experience with CI/CD setup.
- Working knowledge with a database system such as MsSQL/Oracle
- Experience with configuring databases to support various
activities related to the system.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of modern software development
and Dev/Ops tools, including GitHub.
- Experience resolving security vulnerabilities.
- Working knowledge of web application architectures.
- Document the environment details, Deployment Diagrams, and
- Communicate with internal stakeholders to clarify requirements
and overcome obstacles to meet the organization goals.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production
- Ideal remote locations: Washington, DC / Tampa. FL / Plano,
- Clearance: An Active Public Trust Clearance (MBI), or the
ability to obtain a Pubilc TrustPreferred Qualifications:
- Background as a Software Engineer for at least five years,
including experience as a Software Engineer for at least one
project in one of the VAEC's CSP Vendors Clouds.
- Chief Architect or Senior Engineer on a production system in
one of the VA Enterprise Cloud (VAEC)CSP Vendors Clouds.About
PerspectaWhat matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At
Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to
cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring
that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad
array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from
investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and
next-generation engineering. Our promise is simple: never stop
solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce
of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared,
we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across
the entire sector. Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer -
Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected
categories.OptionsSorry the Share function is not working properly
at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.Share
on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the
following provisionPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISIONThe
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Perspecta, Clearwater , Chief Cloud Engineer - Senior, Engineering , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!