Company: BJM Employer Inc
Posted on: January 19, 2023
BJM Group is a network of local accounting firms throughout Georgia
and Florida. We acquire firms with strong community presence,
stellar reputations and deep client relationships and then invest
in their future through technology, operations, training, staffing,
marketing, and other essential resources. While the local firms
under BJM may differ, we are one network and one team with a
unified mission of profitable growth and outstanding client
service: providing top-notch accounting, tax, auditing,
bookkeeping, and advisory services. Our Company is growing! And we
are looking for an experienced and driven Tax manager to join our
team at the Dunedin, Florida branch location! Read the description
below and apply today. To learn more about BJM Group, please visit
www.bjmgroup.com. Why Should you work for BJM?
- We offer 100% Employer paid Health Insurance with dental &
- We match dollar for dollar up to 4% in 401k - Employee
contributions 100% vested from hire!
- We value work/life balance. Offering 10 paid holidays, 17 days
paid time off (PTO), comp time during off tax season (for
applicable Accountants) and some remote work opportunities!
- We pay for professional development, certifications and
- We reward stellar performance with opportunities to earn
- We are committed to providing a healthy and wholesome workplace
culture with a team environment that is both positive and
- We are a growing firm with lots of opportunities for career
advancement! Job Summary: The Tax Manager is an accounting expert
that manages the tax team to greater performance, creating tax
plans and working with the accounting and leadership team to
identify opportunities for improvement and potential areas of risk.
You will manage the accurate preparation of tax forms and ensure
compliance with applicable tax laws. You will ensure compliance
through optimizing reporting procedures and driving the successful
function of the team. Location: Dunedin, FL (Hybrid/Remote) Salary:
$80k - $115k/annually (pay to commensurate with experience)
- Manage lower level staff accountants Duties and
- Interact closely with clients to provide tax planning,
consulting, and compliance expertise.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning
- Conduct research and analysis on a variety of tax issues.
- Maintain effective control procedures over all aspects of the
- Mentor, train, and develop staff members and provide them with
leadership and professional guidance.
- Maintain business relationships with existing clients and
develop new relationships with potential clients to help grow the
firm's clientele base and develop additional opportunities for the
- Utilize project management and accounting best practices to
organize and prioritize tasks and the tasks of other tax team
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project management skills, tax research and analytical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organized, detail oriented, proactive, deadline-driven,
and able to work independently.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Office
Suite. QuickBooks experience preferred.
- Advance proficiency in various accounting management software.
Including but not limited to: UltraTax, Fixed Assets, Practice CS,
Workpapers CS, Accounting CS, FileCabinet CS under Thomson Reuters.
Required Education and Experience:
- An active CPA or EA license is required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Six (6) years of public accounting experience required.
- Advance experience preparing corporate, partnership, and
individual income tax returns
- Experience supervising personnel and reviewing tax returns is
preferred. Physical Requirements:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
BJM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the
principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to
providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination
and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business
needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without
regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status,
veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status,
genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with
Keywords: BJM Employer Inc, Clearwater , Tax Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Dunedin, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!