Company: People Premier
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Staff Accountant Job Description
The Staff Accountant applies principles of accounting to contribute
efficient and effective workings of the finance department by
tasks with a strong attention to detail. This role will utilize
accounting knowledge, time management skills and effective problem
ensure success and deep involvement in SBU operations.
***$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS***
Subject to completion of 90 day introductory period
Full-time with hybrid schedule: The Staff Accountant will have the
opportunity to work remote on Monday's and Fridays following
completion of in office training.
Pay: Salary Starts at $65,000
Perks & Benefits:
The following benefit programs are available to eligible
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan with up to 4% Match
- Bereavement Time Off
- Medical, Personal, Athletic Event and Military Leaves of
- Donated Leave Program
- Paid Holidays
- Life insurance
- Other employee benefit insurance products
- Hybrid Scedule (Work remote 2 days out of the week and in
office 3 days)Responsibilities:
- Maintains and analyzes financial information to prepare entries
to accounts, such as general ledger accounts, documenting business
- Responsible for balance sheet account reconciliations on a
- Maintain fixed asset schedule including depreciation expense
and disposal of assets
- Responsible for monthly inter-company account
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates,
and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining
- Analyzes financial information detailing assets, liabilities,
and capital, and prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement,
pro forma and other reports to summarize and interpret current and
projected company financial position for other managers.
- Audits contracts, orders, and vouchers, and prepares reports to
substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and
approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting
principles and company policies and procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies
in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Installs, modifies, documents, and coordinates implementation
of accounting systems and accounting control procedures.
- Devises and implements system for general accounting.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves,
assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts studies and submits recommendations for improving the
organization's accounting and general operations.
- Collects appropriate data and prepares federal, state, and
local reports and tax returns.
- Participate in SBU operational meetings and make substantial
contributions in support of operational directives
- May perform accounting responsibilities for Community Health
Solutions and all other related SBU'sOther Responsibilities:
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Community Health
Solutions and all other related SBU's
- Maintains strict confidentiality of client, company and
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the mission and values of
- Adheres to company attendance standards
- Performs other duties as assignedCompetencies:
- Self Starter who can work independently
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Sense of urgency and high level of
A minimum two (2) years of accounting experience.
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelors degree is required. Bachelor of Science in
Accounting is preferred.
- Experieince performing double-entry accounting is required.
Including experience with balance sheets, journal entries and
- Accounting experience in real estate is prefered
- Accounting experiience in healthcare is preferredComputer
- Must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency using software programs such as MS Word, ACCESS,
PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must be able to adapt quickly to new software systems and
processesEnvironmental Factors/Physical Demands:
Work is performed in an office environment. While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have the
ability to maintain active customer and employee communication;
access, input and retrieve information from the computer system;
enter alpha-numeric data into a computerized system often while
listening on the telephone. May be subject to repetitive motion
such as typing, data entry and vision to monitor. May be subject to
bending, reaching, kneeling, stooping and lifting up to thirty (30)
Keywords: People Premier, Clearwater , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!