Noblr - Research Modeling Associate Actuary (Remote)
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Purpose of Job We are seeking a Research Associate Actuary to be
part of our Noblr team at USAA. This position will be working in a
Remote Work Environment or may be based out of the San Francisco,
CA or Austin, TX USAA office location.
Join the team that s helping better drivers to earn better car
insurance rates. Noblr is smart, app-powered car insurance that
empowers its members to personalize their monthly car insurance
rates using their smartphones. Our members log their trips with the
Noblr app, get driving insights that help them continuously
improve, and earn rewards for responsible driving.
Here's where you come in:
We are looking for an experienced modeling actuary to join our
Actuarial Research and Modeling team. You will be leading the
development and maintenance of Loss and Demand models to drive
personal line auto pricing decisions for Noblr s telematics auto
insurance program. You will be building predictive models in a
dynamic scripting language. The ideal candidate is a team player
who enjoys new challenges and working in a fast-paced environment
with minimal guidance.
Coordinates, prepares and performs advanced actuarial analyses
required to develop new products, project future results, reprice
existing products, and/or determine financial strength. Job
Requirements About USAA USAA knows what it means to serve. We
facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military
members and their families. This singular mission requires a
dedication to innovative thinking at every level. Primary
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem
from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are
effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies, standards, and
procedures for business activities.
- Establishes appropriate statistical plans, analytical tools,
and requirements for analyzing the experience of various products
classification systems, rating plans, reserves, and
- Assists in setting pricing objectives by making forecasts and
projections and developing strategies to support the company
mission and goals in the areas of product development, pricing,
catastrophe management, reinsurance, or reserving.
- Utilizes actuarial modeling software driven models for pricing,
valuation, and/or risk management to develop new products, project
future results, reprice existing products, and/or determine
financial strength. May make adjustments and improvements to
models, when appropriate.
- Monitors competitive market, industry trends, and professional
research to maintain knowledge of current activities related to
products, regulation, market conditions, and innovative
alternatives to achieve financial and market goals.
- Creatively approaches problems and issues from a wide range of
perspectives to determine innovative techniques.
- Champions and implements innovative solutions to business
initiatives. Responsible for training team members on
- Exhibits advanced knowledge of actuarial and business concepts
provide innovative solutions and creatively solve business
- Represents USAA s interest at industry level committee
meetings. Provides data to other departments, useful for their
management purposes, from actuarial data systems. When you apply
for this position, you will be required to answer some initial
questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin
the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time
and you will not be able to change your responses. Minimum
- Bachelor s degree OR 4 years of related
Actuarial/business/analytical experience (in addition to the
minimum years of experience required) may be substituted in lieu of
- 4 years Actuarial/business/analytical experience + Associate of
the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS).
- Experience in developing Innovative Actuarial
- Experience in metric development/monitoring.
- Strong communication/presentation skills. Preferred Experience:
- Experience building Generalized Linear Models or tree-based
models to support P&C ratemaking
- Experience building predictive models in a dynamic scripting
language with strong programming skills (e.g. Python, R)
- Experience with data manipulation and analysis tools (e.g. SAS,
SQL, Tableau, R, Python)
- Experience with model governance, including model deficiency
identification and remediation, ongoing performance monitoring, and
compensating controls in all aspects of the model lifecycle.
- Advanced degree in Statistics or other quantitative
- Experience building strong relationships internally with
extended project team members and externally with state
- Auto insurance experience The above description reflects the
details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of
the job and should not be construed as a detailed descrip tion of
all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market
data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You
are paid within the salary range based on your experience and
market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 -
$175,000 (this does not include geographic differential it may be
applied based on your work location) Employees may be eligible for
pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual
performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is
additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations
where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift
premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable
roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their
physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include
comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension,
life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time
off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and
various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning
and continuing education assists employees with their professional
goals. Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total
Rewards Relocation assistance is not available for this
Keywords: USAA, Clearwater , Noblr - Research Modeling Associate Actuary (Remote), Accounting, Auditing , Dunedin, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!