Compliance Sanctions Sr Officer - Emerging Payments
Posted on: January 13, 2022
Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent
Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing
internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes related to
monitoring and fostering awareness of sanctions regulatory
requirements that Citi must comply with; assessing related
sanctions risk exposure, overseeing the quality of sanctions
control processes and setting global standards to manage and
mitigate those sanctions risks and protect the franchise. In
addition, provides support for the collation of potential breaches
of sanctions from across the firm and work with contacts in the
Business and Compliance to ensure consistent and effective
application and implementation of, and controls to evidence
adherence to, relevant sanctions related global standards, policies
- Providing input on new business initiatives, new products, and
advise on complex transactions. -
- Assess digital products business strategy, new/changed
products, business acquisitions, and client related impact with
respect to applicability of the Global Sanctions Policy.
- Provide advice to lines of business and serve as Sanctions
subject matter expert for overseeing the bank 's strategic
risk-taking activities related to instant payments and digital
products and clients and providing for the development and
integration of sanctions process solutions.
- Provide guidance for sanctions compliance requirements
applicable to emerging instant payments and digital products and
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root
cause analysis (data analytics) and other analytical techniques,
strong decision-making skills, and the ability to structure and
communicate potential solutions
- Executing and implementing firm-wide sanctions risk management
policy as well as the strategic ICRM direction; maintaining the AML
compliance program for the businesses (assessment of risks,
development of policies, procedures, governance).
- Designing and maintaining elements of the ICRM Sanctions
Framework; Advising and overseeing adherence to procedures and
processes for compliance by front line units meet required
standards; Directing technology solutions that enable effective and
efficient compliance risk management solutions.
- Supporting investigations and interactions with the U.S.
Treasury Departments' Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
and/or local government authorities.
- Monitoring adherence to Citi 's Global Sanctions Policy and
relevant procedures to verify adherence to applicable requirements.
Working closely with ICRM Compliance Assurance and Internal Audit
in the evaluation of results and proposed remedial actions,
identifying opportunities to conduct more targeted comprehensive
reviews. Identifying and escalating to the Chief Sanctions Officer
material risks and significant instances of not adherence to the
Framework by accountable front line units; directing investigations
in coordination with GIU, CSIS, Legal, HR or as appropriate.
- Working collaboratively within team and more broadly across
business/functional line management to assess complex issues,
structure potential solutions and drive effective resolution within
permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Interacting with Management to raise awareness of Sanctions
trends, emerging issues, remedial actions or enhancements to the
program. Assessing the impact of issues/violations
(legal/regulatory, policy, reputational, etc.) and dimensions
control process gaps to help management define disciplinary and
corrective actions, as appropriate.
- Participating in and managing, as appropriate, various internal
assurance processes, e.g. Regional Enterprise wide and Horizontal
risk assessments, self-assessment, internal audit or compliance
- Analyzing data, preparing and presenting regional and global
reports related to sanctions risk assessments, and monitoring of
sanctions related issues and escalations with senior management and
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made,
demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation
and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving
compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to
Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal
behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing
and reporting control issues with transparency.Qualifications:
- Expertise of AML and Sanctions regulations, risks and
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented,
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate
complex problems and solutions through concise and clear
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global
partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex
organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with
examiners, auditors, etc.
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US
laws, international and industry standardsEducation:
- Bachelor 's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other
control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory
organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof;
experience working in an OFAC risk product (treasury/cash
management, trade, correspondent banking) role; Advanced degree
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.Qualified
applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.Citigroup Inc.
and its subsidiaries ("Citi -) invite all qualified interested
applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person
with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our
search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review .View the
"" poster. View the .View the .View the
-----------------------------Effective November 1, 2021, Citi
requires that all successful applicants for positions located in
the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such
vaccination prior to commencement of employment.
Keywords: Citi, Clearwater , Compliance Sanctions Sr Officer - Emerging Payments, Accounting, Auditing , Dunedin, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!