Finance Operations Specialist
Company: Pinellas County Government
Posted on: January 9, 2021
Working Title: Finance Operations SpecialistLocation: 14 South
Fort Harrison Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33756The Clerk of the Circuit
Court as an elected Constitutional Officer responsible for
safeguarding public records and funds, is seeking a Finance
Operations Specialist who will be responsible for Supplier
Management, 1099 reporting, and P-Card Expense report
auditing.Minimum Qualification RequirementsExperience -
professional experience in highly technical government accounting,
bookkeeping, purchasing, or finance support using a personal
computer and state-of-the-art software applications.Education -
degree in accounting, business administration or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience as described above; or
- Associate degree (or 2 years of other related college level
education) as described above and at least 2 years of experience as
described above; or
- Bachelor's or higher level degree as described above and some
experience as described above; or
- An equivalent combination of education, training, and/or
- Assignment to work a variety of work schedules including
compulsory work periods in special, emergency, and/or disaster
- Completion of 6 or more college level credit hours in
accounting and finance courses or a Bachelor's degree in
accounting, finance, or business.
- Experience with ORACLE Applications.
- Experience with supplier management.Illustrative Tasks
- Obtains proper documentation for inputting new suppliers and
updating current suppliers.
- Audits iExpense reports submitted to the department for P-Card
purchases; which includes detailed review and verification for
appropriate accounting and compliance with contract terms.
- Ensures compliance with the use of public funds for legal and
public purpose and applying knowledge of detailed County
policies/procedures, Florida Statutes, Federal laws and IRS
- Utilizes Microsoft Office Programs; Excel, Word and
- Provides verbal and written communication to County contacts
- Provides back-up for the pre-audit of Clerk operating invoices
including detailed review, verification, and validation for the
appropriate accounting, compliance with purchase orders(s),
contract terms and/or funding agency requirements.
- Performs analysis to confirm available funding on the purchase
order and departmental budget.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures proper use of
- Provide training to system users in a classroom setting, as
well as one-to-one.
- Provide back-up for other areas as deemed needed in the
- Participates in projects as assigned, may include system
testing and review.
- Candidate is expected to demonstrate attention to detail with
strong analytical, organizational, verbal and written communication
skills, data entry, ability to analyze and reconcile financial
transactions, multitask and prioritize.
- Interact sand provide verbal and written communication to
County contacts and vendors.
- Provides technical support and training to County departments
on the use of system applications and Policy requirements.
- Performs other related job duties as assigned.Knowledge,
Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of accounts payable, iExpense and supplier management
functions with exposure to governmental accounting.#LI-JC1
Keywords: Pinellas County Government, Clearwater , Finance Operations Specialist, Accounting, Auditing , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!