Company: Envision Healthcare
Posted on: March 27, 2020
Envision Physician Services is a multispecialty physician group
and practice management company. Established in 1953, our
organization provides anesthesia, emergency medicine, hospital
medicine, radiology, primary/urgent care, surgical services, and
womens and childrens health services to hospitals and health
systems nationwide. Sheridan Healthcare, EmCare, Reimbursement
Technologies and Emergency Medical Associates have recently joined
forces to form Envision Physician Services. As one organization, we
now provide a greater scope of service than any other national
physician group. Our collective experience from hundreds of local,
customized engagements, culture of continuous lean process
improvement, and team of experts in the business of healthcare
enable us to better solve complex problems and consistently give
healthcare organizations confidence in our execution. Our combined
organization serves more than 780 healthcare facilities in 48
states and the District of Columbia. If you are looking for a
stable, fast-paced, growing company in the healthcare industry that
is committed to innovation, excellence and integrity, then this may
be a great next step in the advancement of your career.We currently
have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Billing
Coordinator. The Site Billing Coordinator I is a non-clinical
representative who performs administrative, operational, and
quality assurance functions to support the billing process. The
coordinator acts as a Envision resource to the healthcare
community, including hospital-based individuals. The Coordinator is
responsible for the assembly, organization, completeness and
submission of patient medical records to RCM while providing
practice support to the providers and facilities. Billing
- Gather, reconcile, review and assemble all medical/billing
records from all sources within the facility.
- Verify all information is included with the medical/billing
record prior to submission to the corporate office. Review records
for clinical quality and billing integrity.
- Identify and follow-up on all deficient medical/billing records
which include missing and incomplete records or elements.
- Maintain deficiency logs, graphs and grids on a daily
- Communicate with Clinical Leadership, Chief(s), Director(s) and
individual providers to coordinate corrections, updates and
completion of deficient medical records.
- Ensure all medical record corrections are made on the original
medical record by the original provider and copies submitted to HIM
Department at the facility and to corporate for billing.
- Complete requests for Medical Records as needed by Sheridans
- Confirms and revises patient demographics and insurance as
necessary by visiting patient rooms or contacting the patient
- First point of contact in identifying documentation issues /
trends to Site Billing Manager and Provider Education.Facility and
- Collect, log, process and deposit patient payments.
- Make patient quotes for self pay procedures.
- Act as an intake desk/receptionist, administrative assistant
for providers and patients.
- Provides patients with Sheridan Healthcorp, Inc. educational
materials through direct patient contact.
- Assist the Medical Director / Chief as follows:
- Maintain attendance and minutes of department staff
- Publish the schedules and fill shift vacancies.
- Facilitate the credentialing process.
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list(s) of assigned
- Process payroll and time record edits for providers.
- Keeps Site Billing Manager apprised of billing and operational
issues requiring immediate intervention.
- Acts as a liaison between Hospitals HIM Department and
Sheridans Corporate Office.
- Correspond with providers as requested by the Site Billing
Manager, Practice Manager and/or the Medical Director/Chief.
- If covering multiple facilities, or assigned as back-up to
another employee, daily travel may be required.
- Other duties as assigned as assigned by Site Billing Manager,
Medical Director/Chief, Operations or any other clinical leader at
- Reads and abides by the companys code of conduct, ethics
statements, employee handbook(s), policies and procedures and other
corporate mandates, including participation in mandatory training
- Reports any real or suspected violation of the corporate
compliance program, company policies and procedures, harassment or
other prohibited activities in accordance with the reporting
policies of the company.
- Obtains clarification of policy whenever necessary and may use
the resources available through the Compliance, Human Resources or
Legal Department to do so.Qualifications:To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Good organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Work autonomously and able to prioritize work daily
- Detailed oriented
- Demonstrate strong communicate skills and ability to work well
in a team environment
- Meet established production and quality goals/metrics
- Follow up in a timely manner on open items
- Medical terminology, medical legal knowledge, and a clinical
knowledge base are also essentialEducation/Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree and 2 or more
years of training in the medical industry; Associates Degree, a
plus; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Coding experience is a plus.Computer Skills:To perform this job
successfully, an individual should have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in creating data extracts and/or reports
- Experience with EMRs/EHRs a plusCertificates and Licenses:
- Drivers License for applicable employeesIf you are ready to
join an exciting, progressive company and have a strong work ethic,
join our team of experts! We offer a highly competitive salary and
a comprehensive benefits package. Envision Physician Services uses
E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired
employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and
responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify. Envision
Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.ID (auto
generated): 2020-22908 External Company Name: Envision Healthcare
Systems Street: 5380 Tech Data Drive
Keywords: Envision Healthcare, Clearwater , BILLING COORDINATOR, Accounting, Auditing , Clearwater, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!